photo of mirror galaxy CSL-1
Anthony Smales
2005-03-30 14:51:34 UTC
Does anyone know how I can get to see a photo of the 'mirror galaxy' CSL-1
??
Urs Schreiber
2005-03-30 16:19:15 UTC
Post by Anthony Smales
Does anyone know how I can get to see a photo of the 'mirror galaxy' CSL-1
??
Try the links that Lubos provided:
http://motls.blogspot.com/2005/03/wmap-and-cosmic-strings.html
Anthony Smales
2005-03-30 19:11:54 UTC
Post by Urs Schreiber
Post by Anthony Smales
Does anyone know how I can get to see a photo of the 'mirror galaxy'
CSL-1 ??
http://motls.blogspot.com/2005/03/wmap-and-cosmic-strings.html
hmm, interesting - its coordinates are:

a.. right ascension: 12 hours, 23 minutes 30.6 seconds (note that this angle
is measured in hours, 1 hour = 15 degrees)

a.. declination: -12 degrees 38 minutes 57 seconds (southern celestial
hemisphere, close to the equator)

a.. double early type, z=0.463, S/N 12

but no picture of it :(

---
Hans de Vries
2006-01-27 21:04:01 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/dxfvx
There a more pictures here in this presentation:

http://tinyurl.com/8jjhs

Has anybody done any simulations of a galaxy with two superheavy
blackholes dominating the gravitational fields?

If I would have to bet on likelihoods...

Regards, Hans

[Moderator's note: In January 2006, pictures from the Hubble Telescope
have shown that CSL-1 is a loosely bound cluster of galaxies, not a pair
of identical images. LM]
--
Hans de Vries
Hans de Vries's Profile: http://www.physicsforums.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13459